Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Forward to a Friend | print
Bookmark and Share
Ashville NC.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Where I've Been, Where I'm Looking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
searching1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Ashville NC. Reply with quote

I'm about six years away from retirement and am not sure what direction I want to go. Lived in Los Angeles all my life but would like to get out of city. Don't want hot sticky summers and don't want freezing winters.Could me and my wife survive the winters in Ashville NC.How practical is it to be a snow bird? My wife loves to shop, how far to nearest large mall?

Thanks,

searching 1 Question Question Question Question
topretirementseditor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Asheville Reply with quote

Asheville has 4 seasons since it is close to the mountains in western NC. Winters will be colder than rest of the state and summers cooler. It is a very cosmopolitan town with great shopping. We've had a ton of discussion about Asheville at http://www.topretirements.com/forum/f144/NORTH_CAROLINA/Asheville.html
good luck
Andreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Discuss what its like to live in canary islands test 2 Reply with quote

Discuss what its like to live in canary islands test 2
Andreen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm moving to Ashville, NC. This is a fabulous place to live.
Jasminenirvana

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:42 pm    Post subject: Asheville Reply with quote

Asheville just got 9 inches of snow in one day in February so it does get quite cold during winter in Asheville. The summers are hot and get too humid for me. Asheville Mall is a nice place to shop as they have a Belk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Where I've Been, Where I'm Looking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: