Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Forward to a Friend | print
Bookmark and Share
A Good Location Between Los Angeles and San Diego?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Where I've Been, Where I'm Looking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenwind

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: A Good Location Between Los Angeles and San Diego? Reply with quote

With one adult daughter now settled in Los Angeles and an adult son living in San Diego, it seems about time for this mid-60's retired couple to finally leave the Midwest and move to California. A move that has us living between LA and San Diego (and 15-30 minutes from the ocean) would seem to make the most sense. We would welcome suggestions and comments from members on locations, including their recommendations on the active seniors communities in San Diego and Orange County; believe there are about fifteen 55+ communities in the region. Many thanks for your info.
bubbajog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend the Poway and Rancho Bernardo area. Beautiful area with many retirees and plenty to do.
TomL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Discuss what its like to live in Indianapolis Reply with quote

Discuss what its like to live in Indianapolis
TomL

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I retired in 2007. We moved from Los Angeles to Fallbrook (a small community in North San Diego County). Fallbrook has a population of approx 40,000 enjoys a terrific climate and is within a 20 minute drive to several great beaches. This communiry is rural in nature and does not have the large shoping centers found in other areas A nice property can be purchased in the 4-500,000 range. Areas closer to the beach are considerably more expensive. We did not consider Orange County in our retirement plans as we think it is too crowded and very expensive. If you enjoy a less hectic pace, with open space 1-1 1/2 acre lots, you should at least visit Fallbrook. It is known for its avocados, has a lot of small wildlife, squirrel, rebbit, hawk and coyotes. Winter temmps rarely fall below 58 and summer seldom above 85. good luck in your hunt.
Srinibash7854

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are interested to live in India then i can tell you some places which is best for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Where I've Been, Where I'm Looking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: