Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Forward to a Friend | print
Bookmark and Share
Discuss what its like to live in Knoxville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> TENNESSEE -> Knoxville
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Discuss what its like to live in Knoxville Reply with quote

Discuss what its like to live in Knoxville
madman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Knoxville is one of the friendliest places on the planet Reply with quote

i can't rave enough about Knoxville. Being from the north i see so much going for it - great university with rabid but fun fans, friendly people, low prices and taxes (no income tax), and so much to do with the mountains all around. I feel really at home here.
sueleath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: High Crime Reply with quote

Why is there so much high crime in Knoxville & Chattanooga? What kinds of crime? We were all set to move to TN, but now we're not so sure because so many comments address the high crime issues in TN.
doug061363

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: high crime in Knoxville & Chattanooga Reply with quote

sueleath - Here's a couple of sites that can help you find crime stats.
http://www.neighborhoodscout.com/
http://www.clrsearch.com/
All crime statistics are per 1,000 people, so if you have a town or targeted area with a population of 4,000 and one person is robbed or murdered it looks like a high crime area. The most important statistic is the crimes per square mile.
I hope this helps.
sunnydays

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Knoxville Reply with quote

Knoxville is a very small college town and if you love college sports then the area will appeal to you. Not much going on downtown --very few shops or restaurants. There are some lovely communities (Sequoia Hills) and the people are really friendly. If you enjoy larger city type activies (theatre) then you will be disappointed. Very few major tour companies perform here even though restored TN Theatre downtown is lovely. My major pet peeve is that it is rather boring here...life is much too slow. I've put more miles on a car since moving here than I did in five years in DC area...everything is further to drive---upper scale shopping is non-existent. You have to go to Nashville or Atlanta to even have a Macy's!...Bloomingdales, Saks Fifth Ave, and Nordstrom are unheard of here in Knoxville area. It's just a whole new mindset if you move here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> TENNESSEE -> Knoxville All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: