Name
Email

Forward to a Friend | print
Bookmark and Share
Minnesota in General

View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Minnesota in General Reply with quote

Here is the place to ask a question or post an opinion about retirement living in this state. Or start a new thread on a specific topic.
6string

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Mn Living Reply with quote

Alright, I'll jump in! I live in Mn (southern - Northfield/Faribault area) and have lived here all my life.

Pros: There aren't any... well not any that are much different from other rural, yet close to metro areas. We have culture, diversity, sports, restaurants, wine (yes mn makes good wine!) music, golf, etc..

Cons: The summers are very short, end of May until mid- Sept, maybe. The autumns are gorgeous, but very short compared to New England, or out west. If you like to shovel snow, and don't mind having a -20 degree car seat to sit on, for like 5-7 months/year... this is the place for you!

In reality, Mn is nice in the summer, and sometimes in the winter, but rarely do we get winter days that are like the "movie winters" (as my wife and I call them) where people run outside with coats un-buttoned, and play in the snow for hours.... or go ice skating in a sweater and gloves... no its more like snowsuits, boots, heavy parkas, and layers of layers of clothes.

Heating bills will kill your disposable income too....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> MINNESOTA All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: