Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Forward to a Friend | print
Bookmark and Share
Discuss what its like to live in Bisbee

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> ARIZONA -> Bisbee
View previous topic :: View next topic  
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Discuss what its like to live in Bisbee Reply with quote

Discuss what its like to live in Bisbee
DavidO

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Are you serious about Bisbee Reply with quote

Bisbee is on the edge or in the middle of no where. Unless you want to be a desert rat close to the Mexican border (you'll see lots of border patrol agents in their futile work out of town) The nearest decent medical facilites are in Tuscon so don't plan on needing 911 help. There is next to nothing to do besides look at the hole in the ground that was a copper mine.

Recommending this town as a retirement spot makes me wonder about the intent or intelligence of this website. But as long as you don't believe everything you read on the web I guess it's OK.
2wheeltoys

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Yes, we are serious about Bisbee Reply with quote

We purchased a property in Bisbee and traveled this June to Arizona to check it out. Everything in life has it's good sides and it's bad and I am happy that we are individuals with diverent life styles and tastes. I was surprised of the many positive sides of living as "a desert rad" in the "middle of nowhere" and have to say I prever it to living ignorantly "somewhere". The people were very friendly without signs of discrimination or disrespect. Yes, we saw some Border-Patrol Vehicles but not much more then I would see in West Palm Beach, Fl. There is only 1 Hospital here in Bisbee that is correct but how many do you need for approx. 6000 people. More Restaurants than needed, a Beer-Brewery a Coffee-Shop which roasts its own Coffee, a Food Co-Op and Farmers Market for FRESH Food. We cannot wait for the time to be able to move to Bisbee, Az.
rzamoraphotography

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Discuss what its like to live in Pharr Reply with quote

Discuss what its like to live in Pharr
rzamoraphotography

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Commercial Art Photography Possibilities? Reply with quote

It\'s been a long time since I\'ve been to Bisbee. My grandparents had a farm down in the valley in hereford and we\'d often travel the region for fun or necessity. Bisbee was one of my favorites because it was so unique. Now that I\'m \'of a certain age\' I\'m thinking of heading back to the farm which is still in the family but also owning a small place in Bisbee as well. Question: Is Historic Bisbee where I would find homes with more of the original victorian or classic feel? Are there other suggestions? Also, any thoughts on \'possibly\' making a small living with my professional art photos? Don\'t know if there is much foot traffic or even small commercial store fronts or studios for example. I currently shoot landscapes here in New England but with the desert southwest at my doorstep the possibilities would be endless. Nothing overpriced, just enough to get by and I\'d be happy. Thanks for any input!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> ARIZONA -> Bisbee All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: