Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Best way to meet a woman

View previous topic :: View next topic  
youngatheart

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Best way to meet a woman Reply with quote

As a college kid and young adult i wasnt much good at meeting women. Too shy and serious, I guess. Always envious of the guys that could strike up a conversation with any girl and get a date on the spot.

Here i am approaching 60 and i'm suddenly single. I am curious to hear from men and women - what are the best ways to meet an honest, interesting, and fun loving woman?
retirementguy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Meeting women Reply with quote

Dear Young at heart

Whatever the circumstances that brought you to being single, the good news is that there a lot of women who don't mind being the pursuer these days. You might have to fight them off!

As a single person (divorced) i stayed in that state about 2 years. Women i never knew existed sought me out. But the best way to meet the ones i found interesting was to find them in activities that i liked - playing tennis, singing, acting, hiking, etc. Even going to church - you probably won't meet a bar fly! You are probably more confident and more likable than you might have been when the hormones were in charge. You are a catch, so go for it.

Good luck, and enjoy the journey! Cool
readytoplay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:59 pm    Post subject: One way not to Reply with quote

Stay away from bars.
horseartist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the things you love, the women will follow (even into NASCAR and football games!)

And tell everyone you know that you are available and want a relationship. People are obtuse and often don't "get it" that you're actively looking.

Be open to new things to do... Get the word "no" or "can't" out of your vocabulary. Say yes to things! Get out and DO stuff!

Be busy, and some nice lady will want to see what you're up to! Smile
G.Relax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classes are a fantastic way to meet new people, one that is often overlooked. Stop watching tv and mix with people instead!
Locobill

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Here is what I did. Reply with quote

I know that this is an old posting topic, but I thought I would put in my two cents....

After 28 years of marriage, my wife passed away 6 years ago. After two years, I decided to get back into life, so I joined match.com. I was never a big dateing type in my early years, but decided to give it a try. In the next year, I met over a dozen women, and had some great and some not so great dates. I could have written an interesting book on my adventures.
I finally met one special lady 3 years ago. I knew she was "The One" early on and after dating for 2 1/2 years we got married last October. Now we are working on selling two homes and researching our future home location furer south, near our married kids and grandchildren.
topretirementseditor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Congrats locobill Reply with quote

Congratulations to you on your marriage. You have proved what a lot of people have said here and elsewhere, if you want to meet someone special you have to go out and meet people. What a wonderful story!
Srinibash7854

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best ways to meet a woman is:
1.Meet women in bars and clubs.
2.Meet women in social networking sites.

At first you have to mix with the women without any shy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Romance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: