Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Best way to meet a man

View previous topic :: View next topic  
readytoplay

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Best way to meet a man Reply with quote

Turnabout is fair play. So what do you think is the best way to meet a man? Same ways - or different.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:03 pm    Post subject: speed dating and baby boomers Reply with quote

Go to a speed dating event. And sign up for an online dating service. Both are great.
bogeyman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Get out Reply with quote

The best advice i have heard on this subject is to get out, and about. You are not going to meet a man (or a woman) watching TV at home.

Take a class, golf or tennis lessons, learn how to play bridge, go bird watching, join a church, network professionally. In my experience the matchmakers will help out, and if they don't, try speed dating or the online dating experience.
marty50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take tennis or golf lessons. Then join a league or some kind of club. It's like whoever it was who robbed banks said - go where the money is.
mysterygirl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cosmo published a list of the top 10 ways to meet a man. A blog called That's my Perogative gives an hysterical refutation of why all those reasons are oh so wrong. For example, an Apple store - meet a geek who is so absorbed in technology he will resent ever talking to you. Very good.
http://thatsmyprerogative.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/cosmo%E2%80%99s-best-places-to-meet-men/
madman

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Join Match.com Reply with quote

Join Match.com and post a recent photo. Be enthusiastic about yourself. Then when you get some interest, follow up. Unless the person is an obvious no, keep the conversation going. If they seem promising, meet for coffee for a half hour.

The worst thing you can do is nothing. You'll never meet anyone that way.
touchmenot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: speed dating and baby boomers Reply with quote

admin wrote:
Go to a speed dating event. And sign up for an online dating service. Both are great.

I am really curios about this speed dating thing. My friends often tell me this. I just don't know.
horseartist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Match dot dumb and how to do it Reply with quote

Match dot com isn't the way to go. I've been there for about ten months, and nothing. Most of the men there are looking just to have sex and hide the fact that they DO have "the little woman" waiting at home (for the most part). I've met some nice fellows there, yet realize that it isn't the way to go.

For me, I heed the advice of my long-gone mom: "Get busy doing what you love and one day you'll look up and meet someone with the same passion for what you enjoy. Just don't be so busy being happy with doing stuff that you miss that opportunity!"

I'm into riding motorcycles (cruising bikes) and it has made me very open to meeting men (and women who ride!) for friendship and possibly more. Laughing

Do what you love. It'll happen. Just remember that if you chase after it, you won't find it. That's a sure way to look desperate.
G.Relax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classes are a fantastic way to meet new people, one that is often overlooked.
Srinibash7854

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some online dating site.You can search them and i think you will get your answer.
Andrew_50

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speed dating or online dating sites.
dansan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way? Go out and about, join singles clubs and just generally be around people. it'll happen eventually?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Romance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: