Best Places to Retire eNews

Name
Email

Online dating sites and baby boomers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
retirementguy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Online dating sites and baby boomers Reply with quote

I would love to hear funny or positive stories about any baby boomers success with online dating sites. They seem like such a good idea, along with speed dating. Why didnt they have those when i was single!

One of my wife's friends has been on over 50 dates courtesy of Match.com. She is having the time of her life. One of my business associates met several interesting woman in our area, he now has a lovely significant other - courtesy of match.com.

Any other good stories?
youngatheart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: it must be popular Reply with quote

The newspaper had a big article this week about "mature" dating. Seems like more and more single people are taking advantage of it. If you do a search on Google for "dating sites for mature people" you come to lots and lots of sites that specialize for the older crowd. Some include www.OverThirtySingles.com, seniorfriendfinder.com, and graygays.com. But plenty of people have had success with mixed-generation sites like match.com or eharmony.com.

The article i read talked about the usual problems - pictures that of the right person, but from 10 years ago. Women that ask too many questions to fast about how much money men make. And men that are more interested in a quick hook-up than a long term relationship.

For me the point is that dating sites give you the chance to meet lots of people fast, probably the best way to sift through and find mr/miss right. And if you are open-minded enough, have a good time in the process.
ctyankee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: highest earning adsense site Reply with quote

Something must be going on at www.plentyoffish.com . This totally free dating site is reportedly the highest earning site for Google Adsense (the little ads you see on lots of sites). Supposedly the site earns its owner $10,000 per day - which means millions of people are going to this site to try to find true love, or at least a date for Saturday night. If that many people go there, my bet is there is at least one person waiting to meet you.
retirementguy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: 14 rules for online dating Reply with quote

Just ran into these great rules for online dating. It is mostly written for women, but almost all of them should apply to men. Some of the best rules: post an online picture that is recent and clear, don't lie about your age (awful lot of 39 and 49 year old women it seems), don't get mad if someone doesn't return your post, don't come off like a gold digger. Here is the link to - ["16 Fatal Online Dating Errors Woman Make"]http://davidwygant.com/blog/?p=179[/url]
heidi1000

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Your fav boomer dating sites? Reply with quote

I just recently registered with two over 50's dating sites www.50plus-club.com and www.prime.lavalife.com. I'm looking for new aquaintances first and will take it from there..;o). So far so good. I'm a 62 year old single lady (recently divorced, 1 son, 2 grandchildren).
What are your favorite boomer dating sites? anyone here who actually met her new partner online?
Locobill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Successful online dating Reply with quote

About 5 years ago I signed up for match.com. It didn't take long until I was meeting and dating different women. I should have kept notes as I could have written a great book on my adventures. After about a year, I met someone who I hit it off from the start. After two years, we got married and now we are happy, retired, and loving life. How's that for a successful story?
heidi1000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations locobill! I hope to achieve the same Smile
Srinibash7854

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also joined in an online dating site.I found a girl there and our love is success.Now we are living happily after our marriage.
Andrew_50

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Srinibash7854 wrote:
I also joined in an online dating site.I found a girl there and our love is success.Now we are living happily after our marriage.

congratulations! this is very inspiring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Retirement Community Forum Home -> Romance All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: