Redding is a safe community when compared to cities its size. The crime rate for serious crimes (homicide, rape) is low, while the rate for property related crimes has been on the increase.
Mercy Medical and Shasta Regional serve the area including emergency trauma care.
There is a AMTRAK service and a twice daily van shuttle to Sacramento airport. The Redding airport provides daily service to San Francisco airport. Interstate 5 provides easy freeway access from Sacramento (about 2 hours driving).
|Live in Redding|
What people are saying about Redding
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: CA
- Environment: Rural,
- City Population: 50,001-100,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 41-60
- Avg July Temperature: 81+
- Median HH Income: 41,001-60,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $200,001-$300,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 81-90 (low)
- Cost of Living Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- Culture Index: 91-100 (slightly below average)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: suggietu
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts