From all over the country here are the most exciting featured communities at TopRetirements.com. Check them out here!.

Showcase Listing

Few towns in the Southeast offer more gracious charm than Aiken, South Carolina.  Take a relaxing stroll through Aiken's tree-lined ...

Showcase Listing

Embrey Mill® is an all-ages master-planned community located in Stafford, Virginia, just north of Fredericksburg, and offers a totally st...

Showcase Listing

Cresswind Georgia at Twin Lakes is a new, gated 55+ community in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area. With a focus on fitness, nutrition, and...

Showcase Listing

Welcome to Cresswind Charlotte!  This nature-rich refuge of inviting streetscapes, manicured landscaping and miles of walking trails...

Showcase Listing

Cresswind Charleston is Charleston-area's BEST active adult lifestyle community. Cresswind inspires active adults to live life to the ful...

Showcase Listing

Nestled in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, Tellico Village comprises over 5,000 acres along Tellico Lake. Established in 1986...

New Blog Article

May 5, 2021 — For baby boomers, nothing was more exciting than getting our first driver’s license. The freedom that lay ahead. Just as exciting, maybe even more, was the prospect of getting your first car. So we would like to hear about your first wheels – whether your parents gave you a brand new car (so jealous), or if you saved your part-time job earnings and bought a used jalopy. Please use the comments section to describe your first chariot to freedom. We will try to add your pictures (one of your own, we can’t accept other photos for copyright reasons) to the gallery at the end of the article. Send the photo.

As for your editor, my first was a 1962 Renault Dauphine, bought in partnership with my 14 year old brother, funded with our house painting money ($350). Unfortunately for Mike, he never got to drive it legally because it died due to me hitting a curb and its own (serious) mechanical failings. He does like to tell the story of younger brother abuse though. My second was a 1965 Dodge Dart (Slant 6!) that was a wonderful reliable car (sold it to Mike later and he got better use of it). Then as I entered the Army, a 1 year old MGB – maybe my favorite car of all time (and the least reliable).

(more...)
Top Retirement Towns ./images/city/94_1.jpeg
 (76450 views)

What It Is Like to Retire in Port Saint Lucie

Port St. Lucie, located on the East Coast of Florida, is one of the fastest growing communities in the U.S. according to the 2005 Census Bureau. In 1961 it had 250 homes, in 1980 there were 15,000, and in 2012 the Census Bureau estimated a city population of over 168,000 (with 400,000 in the metropolitan area). Port St. Lucie Beach is located in St. Lucie County. Port Saint Lucie started as a development of the General Development Corporation and became a city on April 27, 1961... more >>

State: Florida

./images/city/534_1.jpeg
 (27737 views)

What It Is Like to Retire in St Francisville

St. Francisville Louisiana is one of the prettiest and most charming small towns along the Gulf Coast. If you imagine that Louisiana is shaped like a boot, St. Francisville is on the front where the shoe meets the upper last. It is a quaint town on the Mississippi and very popular with both tourists and people in retirement. The town was listed in the book: "The 200 Most Beautiful Small Towns in America."This historic town which has been restored with a very active Main Street Program... more >>

State: Louisiana

../images/city/562.jpg
 (29921 views)

What It Is Like to Retire in Mazatlan

Mazatlan is the second largest city in the Mexican state of Sinaloa with a population of more than 350,000.  No youngster, Mazatlan was founded in 1531. It developed as a commercial seaport, importing equipment for the nearby gold and silver mines. It served as the capital of Sinaloa from 1859 to 1873. The German settlers also influenced the local music, banda, which is an alteration of Bavarian folk music. The settlers also established the Pacifico Brewery... more >>

State: MEXICO

./images/city/1621_1.jpeg
 (8844 views)

What It Is Like to Retire in Carlisle

Carlisle is the county seat of Cumberland County, Pennsylvania, with a population of 18,682 (2010 Census). The town is also considered an exurb of Harrisburg, which lies to the east, and in 2010 the towns were named together by Forbes as one of the Best Places to Raise a Family . Carlisle has an interesting history that goes back to it's founding in 1751.  It is said  Benjamin Franklin negotiated with Indians here in 1753... more >>

State: Pennsylvania

Copyright © 2006-2021 Topretirements.com. All Rights Reserved.