The crime rate is about half the national average.
It is just a short drive to New Haven where Yale-New Haven Hospital and St. Raphaels provide world class medical care. The area has a plethora of every type of leading medical specialists.
Bus service runs along Route 1 between Old Saybrook and New Haven. The Shoreline East stops here on the way to Old Saybrook or New Haven. You can change trains in either to get to New York or Boston. Nearby Tweed Airport provides limited commercial service, mostly to Philadephia. The Shoreline Greenway Trail runs through most of train, some of it quite scenically.
What people are saying about Branford
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: CT
- Environment: Suburban,Coastal,
- City Population: 25,001-50,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 21-40
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 60,001-80,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $300,001-$500,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: 2000-4000
- Total Crime Index: 81-90 (low)
- Cost of Living Index: 111-120 (high)
- Culture Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: boomer1
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts