The crime rate in Branson, a tourist town, is about twice the national average. However, most of it appears to be thefts ratehr than violent crime.
Skaggs Community Health Center serves Branson. Other medical facilities are about 30 miles away.
Branson has a rare distinction in that it has one of the largest private airports in the U.S. It provides commercial service to this town on land formerly owned by Tennessee Ernie Ford. Branson is considered a very walkable community.
|Official tourism site for Branson|
What people are saying about Branson
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: MO
- Environment: Lake,Small Town,Resort Community,
- City Population: Less than 10,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 21-40
- Avg July Temperature: 81+
- Median HH Income: 41,001-60,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $100,000-$200,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 111-120 (high)
- Cost of Living Index: 81-90 (low)
- Culture Index: 121+ (very high)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: admin
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts