Crime is light in Los Alamos.
The Los Alamos Medical Center provides medical services for the local community. There are more extensive facilities in nearby Albuquerque.
Atomic City Transit is free. The city is compact, but biking is difficult because of the many hills and the over 7,000' elevation. Nearby airport in Albuquerque offers frequent service, alhough there is a small local airport.
What people are saying about Los Alamos
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: NM
- Environment: Mountain,Desert,Small Town,Outdoor Oriented,
- City Population: 10,000-25,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 21-40
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 80,000+
- Average Home Price (MLS): $300,001-$500,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 81-90 (low)
- Cost of Living Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- Culture Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: boomer1
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts