Longmont's crime rate is a little above the national average.
Longmont United Hospital services the town; Live Well Longmont is a coalition of dozens of governmental, health, business and community organizations pledged to support wellness in schools, businesses and the community, and sponsors a variety of programs and events.
Longmont is part of the RTD transit district that provides local and regional bus service to Denver and Boulder; Longmont's Vance Brand municipal airport is named after Astronaut Vance Brand who graduated from Longmont High School; the nearest international airport is in Denver, about 40 miles away; in 2012, Longmont was recognized by the League of American Bicyclists as a silver-level bicycle-friendly community.
What people are saying about Longmont
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: CO
- Environment: Urban,College Town,Mountain,Small-mid Sized City,Outdoor Oriented,Biking Community,New Urban/Master Planned,
- City Population: 50,001-100,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 21-40
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 60,001-80,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $300,001-$500,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- Cost of Living Index: 121+ (very high)
- Culture Index: 121+ (very high)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: jdb
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts