The theft and property crime rate is above the national average in Hiawassee, but for violent crimes the rate is below the national average.
We have a small hospital in town, in addition to doctor offices (many from Atlanta with sitelite offices here), several dentists and an eye doctor. Also there are a few assisted living units, nursing home, and many home health agencies to choose from. There are two other hospitals near by towns and we are about an hour from Gainesville, and only two from Atlanta, Asheville and Chattanooga.
The nearest Airport is in Athens, Georgia, about 90 miles away, and the nearest international airport is in Atlanta, about 120 miles away.
What people are saying about Hiawassee
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: GA
- Environment: Rural,Lake,Boating Community,Outdoor Oriented,Golf Community,
- City Population: Less than 10,000
- Median age of Population: 45-64
- Avg Jan Temperature: 21-40
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 41,001-60,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $100,000-$200,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- Cost of Living Index: 81-90 (low)
- Culture Index: 81-90 (low)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide:
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts