The crime rate is higher than the national average, with property crime the leading cause.
Stevens County Hospital provides emergency services. There are other hospitals in the area.
There is a private airport with 5,000' runway, along with an AMTRAK station. Athens, about 50 miles away has an airport for domestic flights, and the nearest International Airport is in Atlanta, about 90 miles away. Toccoa has a walkable downtown area.
|City of Toccoa|
What people are saying about Toccoa
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: GA
- Environment: Rural,Lake,
- City Population: Less than 10,000
- Median age of Population: 25-44
- Avg Jan Temperature: 41-60
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 20,001-40,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $100,000-$200,000
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 81-90 (low)
- Cost of Living Index: <80 (Very low)
- Culture Index: 81-90 (low)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: boomer1
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts