Kauai is considered to have Hawaii's lowest crime rate.
There are several medical centers in Kauai and three hospitals, including a Veterans Hospital.
Kauai offers public bus transportation; the Holo Holo Koloa Scenic Byway is a state designated 19 mile road that connects many of Kauai's historical and cultural sites; Lihue Airport offers service to other the other Hawaiian Islands and the mainland.
What people are saying about Kauai
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: HI
- Environment: Coastal,Resort Community,
- City Population: 50,001-100,000
- Median age of Population: 45-64
- Avg Jan Temperature: 61 +
- Avg July Temperature: 81+
- Median HH Income: 41,001-60,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $500,001+
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: 2000-4000
- Total Crime Index: 81-90 (low)
- Cost of Living Index: 121+ (very high)
- Culture Index: 81-90 (low)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: boomer1
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts