The crime rate in this tiny town does not seem to be accurate. It is reported to be very high in recent years because of an astonishing rise in burglaries, but the fluctuation seems hard to believe.
J. Arther Dosher Memorial Hospital is 5 miles away in Southport.
The closest large airports are in Wilmington, North Carolina- 43 miles away, or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, 56 miles away.
What people are saying about Holden Beach
Leave a Comment
|To comment you must be a registered member of Topretirements.com|
| OR |
- State: NC
- Environment: Coastal,Boating Community,Resort Community,
- City Population: Less than 10,000
- Median age of Population: 45-64
- Avg Jan Temperature: 41-60
- Avg July Temperature: 60-80
- Median HH Income: 60,001-80,000
- Average Home Price (MLS): $500,001+
- Annual Property Tax on a $200,000 house: Less than 2000
- Total Crime Index: 101-110 (slightly above average)
- Cost of Living Index: 121+ (very high)
- Culture Index: 81-90 (low)
- State Sales Tax: Yes
- State Income Tax: Yes
- Name of the Guide: boomer1
Can you add to or correct these Facts? Or do you have a photo of this community we could use? If so, please click on Edit these facts