Announcing the 10 “Best of the Best” Places to Retire for 2019 from Topretirements.com
February 5, 2019 — Key West, FL — Baby boomers looking for the very best place to spend their retirement should look to the Southwest and Southeast regions of the U.S. Seven of the 10 “best of the best” places on Topretirements’ new list are located in those sunny areas. The retirement experts at the popular retirement website Topretirements.com combed through its user logs to identify the 20 most favorite towns and cities in 4 U.S. regions. Then they winnowed down those 80 to identify the 10 “Best of the Best”, based on cultural and recreational opportunities, climate, expense, taxes, the quality of the downtowns, and beauty.
Here is Topretirements 2019 10 Best list:
1. Asheville, NC Asheville is a bustling city in the Blue Ridge mountains of western North Carolina. The downtown is filled with cafes, restaurants, and art deco buildings.
2. Sarasota, FL. This cultural center on Florida’s Gulf Coast has a great downtown with many interesting neighborhoods.
3. Tucson, AZ. The area is blessed with sunshine almost 300 days per year, and boasts 233 performing arts dates per year.
4. Green Valley, AZ. It is near near the hiking and birding areas of the Santa Rita Mountains in extreme southern Arizona.
5. Charleston, SC. “The Holy City” is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in the U.S.
6. St. George, UT. Saint George has spectacular red rock bluffs, a mild climate in winter, and amazing recreation. ?
7. St. Petersburg, FL. Saint Petersburg has been a classic retirement and tourist destination since the 1920’s.
8. Bellingham, WA. Named one of the top retirement towns in the U.S., it boasts unbelievable natural scenery from Puget Sound.
9. Portland (ME) Maine’s largest city is one of America’s most livable small cities is also a foodie center.
10. Pittsburgh (PA) Pittsburgh is a livable and affordable city with many colleges and cultural opportunities.
Here is a link to “The 10 Best of the Best Places to Retire” with more details.
About Topretirements?Hundreds of thousands of baby boomers rely on this popular website to find their best place to retire, along with practical guidance on a retirement issues like when to take Social Security or how to survive retirement on less than $1 million.