September 20, 2011 — This week there were some very good features about retirement. Here is our rundown, with links:
– CNN’s 25 Best Places to Retire. You can always count on CNN/Money to come up with a good list. This year’s includes some good bargain towns, like Cape Coral, Florida and Boise, Idaho.
– New York Times: “The Company You Keep“. A very interesting article from the Times special Retirement Section on neighbors who decided to retire near one another. You might have to log in to see these NY Times articles.
– Also from the NY Times, “Two Step Plan That Strengthens Your Nest Egg“. Some good advice for a stronger retirement.
– 5 Checkpoints on Your Way to Retirement. Robert Powell of WSJ MarketWatch has produced yet another helpful article for retirees and those getting near that point. His 5 points have to do with common sense financial preparation.
– Cheap National Parks Pass for Seniors. Planning on doing some traveling? Here’s how to get a lifetime pass for $20, including the processing fee (the normal fee is $80 for an annual pass.
– Why Baby Boomers Can’t Retire. The Financial Security Project from Boston College explores some of the reasons why we baby boomers are so poorly prepared for retirement.