March 3, 2021 — The problem with retirement is that there really isn’t a school for it. One day you are working, and the next day you could have twenty or even thirty years ahead of you with no plan as to how and where you are going to fill them. To help with that vacuum we developed an Online Retirement 101 Preparation Course two years ago. It started with an Introductory Module and since then has grown steadily, it is now up to 10 Modules and growing.
You can begin the course anytime, but preferably start before you retire, so you have time to prepare and take action. You can take the modules sequentially or in any order that fits your needs.
Here is the link to Module 1 of Retirement 101: Retirement Overview
It contains a brief overview and discussion of most of the topics you need to be familiar with before you retire, along with an exercise you and/or your partner or spouse can fill out. It also contains links to the other nine modules in the series. One of those you might want to take right away is Module 4: Retirement Preparation Quiz. There is even an extra module that provides explanations of the questions and answers.
Here are the 10 Modules in the Retirement 101 Series:
- Module 1 -Introduction to Retirement Planning 101
- Module 2: How to Retire on a (Lot Less Than) $1 Million
- Module 3: What Type of Retirement Community Is Right for You
- Module 4: A Retirement Preparation Quiz
- Module 4, part 2: Quiz Answers Explained
- Module 5: Overcoming Loneliness in Retirement
- Module 6: How to Visit and Evaluate a 55+ or Active Adult Community
- Module 7: Pros and Cons of an Expatriate Retirement
- Module 8: What You Think You Might Know About Social Security Might Hurt You
- Module 9: Medicare 101
- Module 10: 12 Steps to Downsizing Success