When it comes time for you and your significant other to start looking for the ideal 55+ community you have a number of issues to consider. These include:
- What part of the country should you live in
- Should you move far away, or stick close to where you are now (most people don't move far)
- What type of 55+ community to live in - planned, age restricted, gated, mixed generation, golf, arts, boating, college town, small town, etc.
- What will you do to stay busy
- Would you rather be in a traditional community, or one that is age restricted to just those over 55
- Can you afford to move where you want
- Should you live in two homes, or stay with one
The questions are difficult, but fun too. This site can help you in the process in several ways. For one, we have a helpful page that describes each type of 55+ community. Our Free eBook: "The Baby Boomers Guide to Selecting a Retirement Community: 16 Factors You Need to Consider" gives you insights and a helpful checklist to help you get started. Just click on the title of the eBook to download your Free copy. We also have a free eNewsletter that alerts you to the best 55+ communities, along with interesting articles about how to choose the best community for you.
Over 200 Community Profiles. Probably the most helpful feature of the site is the objective profiles of over 2900 of the best 55+ community in the Americas - from Massachusetts to California, and Halifax, Canada to Florida. There is a database of key facts about each town or development: real estate prices, average January temperatures, the cultural scene, transportation and medical capabilities, etc.
Get started now - Browse over 1000 retirement towns:
Retirement communities by state: