Just like in every other sphere of life, the articles we post at Topretirements have their share of winners – and the not so successful. This year’s big, big winner was “Sunbelt Shines on the 100 Most Popular Retirement Towns”; it was read 267,000 times. It was pretty easy to predict that topic would be a success, but sometimes there are surprises going the other way. “Dueling States: Arizona vs. Florida for Retirement” is a good example of a feature that was not nearly as popular as we thought it would be: disappointingly, it was read less than 4,000 times.
Winners By Category
Our top stories for 2010 reflect our members’ continuing interest in the “best of where to live” type lists. “Worst places to live” lists were also hot this year; apparently folks are looking to eliminate some choices as well. As one might expect, budget concerns are top of mind for many people – several of our articles about taxes and affordability rose to the top. Profiles and comparisons of different regions, towns, and states were also frequently read.
The best thing about our top articles for 2010 might be the amazingly rich comments and wisdom shared by you, our members and visitors. Your comments at the end of these articles corrected, amplified, illustrated, and gave personal dimension that made the whole experience much more valuable. Some leading examples were the “Sunbelt Shines…” article, which had 81 interesting comments, and the “Our 10 Worst Retirement States” feature, which generated 27 comments in just 2 weeks.
The most popular Topretirements articles for 2010:
– Sunbelt Shines on the 100 Most Popular Retirement Towns
– Our 10 Worst Retirement States
– What Are the Best States for Retirement
– 50 Most Popular Active Adult Communities for 2010
– Most Tax Friendly States for Retirement
– 4 Reasons Not to Retire in These 7 States
– Top 10 Tax Friendly Towns
– Most Under-Rated Towns for Retirement
– How NC Climbed Over FL as a Favorite Place to Retire
– Best States to Die In
– Top 10 International Places to Retire
– 11 Affordable Places to Retire on the Water
– Best of the Best Places to Retire
– 10 Questions to Ask Before You Buy in An Active Community
– Top 10 Affordable (and More) Places to Retire
– Dueling Carolinas: North Carolina vs. South Carolina
– South Carolina Low Country
– New Mexico, Land of Enchantment
And here is the one that we thought deserved a higher rating:
– Retirement on a Cruise Ship
As always, we are most interested in your suggestions for future articles. Or if you had a favorite topic you think needs to be addressed, please let everyone know. Use the Comments section below, or use the “Contact Us” link to send us an email.
For Further Reference:
See Our predictions Article – 2011 Issues to be Concerned About.